WEST-CENTRAL MN ENDURO RACING
COMPETITION AND SAFETY RULES 2020
THESE ARE THE RULES FOR THE PARTICIPATING TRACKS OF THE WEST-CENTRAL ENDURO CAR RACING CIRCUIT. THESE ARE FOR:
Big Stone County (Clinton, MN) – www.bscfair.org – Kenny 320-808-7231
Grant County (Herman, MN) – www.grantcountyfair.net – Cory 320-304-1402
Browns Valley, MN – Tony 605-881-7321
Dakota Connection Speedway - Sisseton, SD - Jeremiah 605-419-2284
It is YOUR responsibility to read, understand, and adhere to all these rules!
These rules were written to help protect you & the sport of Enduro racing. Please read & abide by them. If you have questions please call. All rules will be enforced as fairly as possible by track officials & are not open to discussion. Track officials have the FINAL say! There will be NO arguing, fighting, etc. After the issues in the past there will be a NO TOLERANCE rule for this year, this goes for on or off the track and will include threats made on social media, text messages, etc. as well. Drivers, pitmen, fans, & spectators will ALL be on their best behavior at ALL times this year or each track will reserve the right to stop an event, escort offender(s) & belongings off the grounds, & disqualify or ban offender(s) for any amount of time they see fit. Participating tracks also reserve the right to end or cancel any race or remainder of races at any time if they so choose.
1. Enduro participants must be 16 years of age or older with a VALID drivers license. No one under 14 years of age allowed in the pits. Legal consent of parent/guardian and notarized release waivers are required for all persons under the age of 18 who will be competing in the race. Bring your drivers license.
2. NO ALCOHOL in the pit area before or during and at some tracks after the event! Violation WILL result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees and winnings.
3. Pre-registration of car, driver, and payment is different at each track, so please take note:
a. Big Stone County: Pre-registration required by 1am the day of the event. Late registrations will be charged extra. Registration fees should be paid by cash, money order, or check, or on-line with a credit card or Paypal account at no extra charge at www.bscfair.org. Any NSF checks will be charged $30 plus cost to recover. All drivers and pit people must pay entry and register at the pit gate. Drivers starting position determined at registration.
b. Grant County: Pre-registration is required, you must call & tell us you are coming so we know who is going to be there, you may pay your entry fees when you show up. If you don’t call 2 days before the race you may be charged an additional $30 fee. Registration fees should be paid by cash, money order, or check. Any NSF checks will be charged $30 plus cost to recover. All drivers and pit people must pay entry and register at the pit gate. Drivers starting position determined at registration.
4. EVERYONE entering the event area is required to sign their own name on the entrance waiver before entering event or pit areas. Those under 18 will also require a legal guardian’s signature.
5. Yelling at, use of profanity toward, or interrupting an official during inspection or while monitoring an event will result in RED FLAGGING of the event & offender(s) will be escorted from the event area before the event will resume. Such actions at any time, even following the event, can result in, but are not limited to disqualification, forfeiture of winnings and fees, expulsion from event &/or grounds, & banning from future events. Drivers, tell your pit crews & fans that this applies to them as well & will count against you!
6. Pit crew, drivers not in current event and spectators must stay out of the safety zone that will be explained at the pit meeting as this area is for officials and fire & safety crews ONLY!
7. All drivers and Pit crew are required to attend the pit meeting shortly before the event.
8. The officials reserve the right to disqualify any car or driver determined to be unsafe to drive or not in the spirit of the rules before, during, or after any event. Yes, winning units may be re-inspected -so don’t cheat! THESE TRACKS NO LONGER DOCK LAPS. YOU RUN LEGAL OR YOU ARE RUNNING FOR NOTHING! It is YOUR responsibility to adhere to the rules!
9. You must remove your equipment from the grounds as soon as possible but no later than Sunday one week following the event or the event organizer will consider it abandoned and will remove it & the owner(s) will be charged any expense of storage, removal & disposal. Further, any equipment remaining on the property longer than 30 days after said event shall be deemed to be abandoned & the property owner may dispose of the property as its own.
10. Compact class cars will follow the same competition and safety rules as the full size with the exceptions given for STOCK items that are common in FWD’s but are not allowed in RWD’s. These safety and competition rules as laid out here will be followed. Some additional rules for the front wheel drive cars can be found near the end of this rules sheet. If you have questions – ASK before hand – don’t argue when you get to the track.
11. There will be no duplication of car numbers. The first car entered with that number may get the number, and any other car will have to change their number, however preference will be given to veteran cars. It is STRONGLY recommended that a large metal sign be bolted to the roof of the car displaying the number. Each digit of the number should be a minimum of 12”h x 9”w, facing each way (left and right) from the driver’s seat. EXAMPLE: the number 333 should cover an area 12”h x 27”w. If we can’t see your number, you might not get counted.
12. No profanity or suggestive language or pictures on car, kids will be watching this family event.
13. The Enduro Race time will be determined by each track. There will be separate races for each, the large cars and the front wheel drive cars, if enough participants are entered. The red flag will be brought out only in the event of serious safety situations or to water the track. Restarts after a red flag will be standing restarts. There will be no realigning of the field to current positions. Changes to running times will be announced at the pit meeting.
14. RED FLAGS—You will stop on a red flag! No pitting on a red flag. No pit crew on the track during a red flag. If your car is off the track and in the INFIELD SAFETY ZONE, you may NOT work on your car. PIT STOPS ON GREEN FLAG ONLY. NO PASSING CARS ON A RED FLAG. ANY VIOLATIONS AND YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
15. Cars will be removed from the track during red flags as directed by flagmen if they are stalled, stuck, or in a dangerous position for that driver or for others. FLAGMAN’S CALL IS FINAL! Cars towed off will not be allowed back on the track. (EXCEPT rule #21 directly below)
16. Cars will be removed by officials only, unless otherwise directed by a flagman. Any attempt to remove your own car and you will be disqualified & forfeit any winnings/fees.
17. Only one tow/parts vehicle per Enduro entrant allowed into the pits during the race.
18. Any fire on your car and you’re done for the day. Any fuel leak and you may be disqualified.
19. You will be disqualified for aggressive driving or excessive speed in the pits.
20. Race time will be extended only if an extended safety condition requires it. Drivers will be notified.
21. You will get ONLY one free push. This will be done only on a Red Flag for a safety issue only: i.e. watering the track or car in dangerous position on track, at flagmen’s discretion.
22. Track officials reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone. Track rules may be subject to change.
1. Any street stock passenger automobile may be used. Grant and Big Stone county will allow pickups this year (must maintain 21”bumper height), Other tracks may vary, check with track officials. Check with Kenny for additional rules for pickups. No 4x4’s, or compacts. A minimum wheelbase of 102”. Exceptions to stock are listed below.
A. All doors and trunk lids must be bolted, welded, or strapped shut. Leave a 6”x6” minimum inspection hole in the trunk so we can look inside of it. You will not be allowed to race without the hood or trunk lid.
B. Only one (1) battery allowed. Battery should be located under the hood or mounted securely inside or in trunk in a FULLY ENCLOSED & REINFORCED battery box & mounted securely, no tarp straps. No firewall cut outs permitted for battery placement. Wrap in rubber to prevent arcing and reduce risk of broken battery.
C. Any DOT street legal tire (must have stamped DOT number on it) on any OEM or standard aftermarket rim may be used. No bead-locks. No studded tires.
2. OEM gas tanks must be in stock position and held securely with 2 additional straps made from a minimum 1/16”x1½” wide strap iron (minimum), and they must be welded or bolted with 3/8” bolts and adequate washers. Skid plate or protective cover allowed. Only one gas tank allowed. You may replace gas tank with an approved racing fuel cell with steel outside container, and place it under the trunk lid between the frame rails, original tank or fuel cell must be covered. Any gas leaks must be fixed or you’re disqualified.
3. No reinforcement of car frame, structure, or bumpers allowed with exception for those listed below:
A.. Front and rear bumpers must be welded or strapped to the frame so they won’t fall off if impacted. 1/8” sheeting is allowed from the bumper to the fender. If your bumper falls off you will be disqualified and out of the race. Must be original type bumper. No chopped off or shortened bumpers permitted. Bumpers must maintain an 18-21” bumper height.
B. Optional braces from frame to corners of front and rear bumpers are allowed. Braces not to be made from pipe larger than 1 5/8” O.D. One brace per corner.
C. Nerf Bars allowed but must run against factory body line. Bars must bend into the body for attachment, no cut-&-weld corners or sharp edges. Use max 1 5/8” diameter pipe. These bars are for protection ONLY not as rams or for pushing!!!
D.. Rear frame of car may be reinforced to protect gas tank or fuel cell, however it must stop 3” from the top of the arch in the frame above rear axle and ahead of the rear bumper. Reinforcements must also stay between frame rails.
E. Optional hoop over radiator with 2 support braces, braces may extend to safety cage. One brace of 1” O.D. pipe maximum may be added between front frames.
F. Metal used to cover radiator on front of car must not exceed 1/8” with no bracing. Skid plate allowed, made of maximum 1/8” sheeting, from radiator saddle to front cross member.
G. You will be allowed to repair damaged area of car, but repairs must not extend beyond damaged area and must not be considered excessive. Excessive sheeting of body will not be allowed. Call for official suggestions and approval.
4. NO metal is to be removed from car (except for chrome trim, glass frames, & inner doors to allow for roll cage door bars). Wheel wells, fender liners, etc. can be altered 2” to 3”.
5. NO suspension alterations permitted. All suspension parts must be stock appearing and in stock position. No coil over shocks. No preloading or alteration of suspension.
6. Absolutely no glass allowed to be left in car or inside doors. Broken glass must be completely cleaned out of the car before it comes to the track. Absolutely no mirrors.
7. All trim, light bezels, door handles, chrome, debris, and loose materials etc. (& yes the empty beverage cans) must be removed completely from the passenger compartment & trunk of car.
8. Back seats must be replaced with tin flash shield between driver and rear of car.
9. It is recommended that all exhaust remain under car. You MUST have your hood and trunk lid on to run.
10. No water bars or tanks, lead weights, sandbags, or other weight can be added to the car.
11. No multi-cylinder Master Cylinders or adjustable pressure brake systems allowed.
12. Cars must have OEM working brakes on all 4 wheels and at least one 3” working brake light in rear window. BRAKES WILL BE CHECKED. LIGHT MUST WORK WITH BRAKE PEDAL ONLY!!! NOT JUST ACTIVATED BY A TOGGLE SWITCH! IT WILL WORK OR YOU WON’T RUN!!
13. We are using My Laps Counting System.
SAFETY RULES -These safety rules are to help keep you safe.
1. Heavy window screen with 2”x2” maximum hole size is required on the front windshield opening. Minimum of four 3/8” metal bars to support the screen are required. Driver’s window must have window net with quick release. These tracks do contain some gravel/rock.
2. FULL FACE DOT APPROVED HELMET MANDATORY with full-face shield. Removal of eye protection face shield at any time will result in a black flag.
3. 4-point minimum racing harness required. It must be held in place with 7/16” grade 5 bolts and adequate washers. Inspection committee must consider belts safe or you won’t race.
4. Seat and floor panels must be solid and secure. Racing seats may be used. Fiberglass seats must have adequate reinforcing structure behind them. No passengers allowed in the racecar.
5. Full 6-point roll cage, or in Compact cars a minimum 4 point Roll cage/bar (6 point strongly recommended) made of at least 1-5/8” heavy gauge pipe, no square tubing, exhaust pipe, or pipe fittings. Cage must remain completely within the passenger compartment. Both driver side and passenger side doors must have 3 bars in the horizontal position to reinforce each door and a “vent bar” in the window. Rear hoop must have “X” brace. Front hoop must have horizontal pipe above and below windshield opening. Top of cage must have one brace across opening. Rear braces must extend from the top of the cage to 3” ahead of the top of the arch in the frame above the rear axle. All joints and mountings must be welded securely. No enclosing of car interior with tin or any other type of material. The roll cage must be welded to the FRAME of the car, not just the floor. If the car has no frame under the roll cage area you must build the floor to hold the cage.
6. Transmission cooler, if used, must be in front of radiator. Only one radiator in stock position. No electric fans (except in FWD cars). Stock P/S coolers allowed in stock position only.
7. A fire extinguisher is required in each pit area, optional in car.
8. Clean your pit area at the end of the race or your winnings may be held back.
9. No wireless communication allowed in car during the race.
10. Paint your driveshaft WHITE so it is easy to see if it falls off. Driveshaft hoop required!
11. These rules will be strictly enforced as interpreted by the officials, not the drivers. If it’s not right, you won’t race. If you have questions call your local track official.
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ENDURO CLASS ADDITIONAL RULES:
1. Any front wheel drive car with 6 cylinders or less, 1986 and newer, cars older than 1986 must be 111” or less Factory wheel base to be used. You must use a completely stock body, frame, and suspension. Build the floor to hold your roll cage. Steering column and pedals must remain stock for the make and model car. All insulation will be removed from under hood. Rear seats and insulation removed from cabin of car and from trunk.
2. Stock transmissions & rear suspensions for your make-model will be used. No all wheel drives.
3. Right front wheel MUST be reinforced to prevent loss during the race: plate with washers and/or oversized lug nuts must be used. Any DOT street tire on any OEM or standard aftermarket rim may be used. No bead-locks. No studded tires.
4. Door bars required! Plating below drivers seat and on drivers door Strongly Suggested. All doors welded, bolted, strapped, or chained shut. 4 point roll bar allowed, 6 point strongly suggested.
5. Mascots, advertising, decoration, etc. are encouraged but be certain that they are attached securely to the car so they will not fall off or be knocked off during the race.
6. Passengers allowed but ONLY if ALL safety equipment is in place for passenger as well.
Please read & abide by these rules. If you have questions please call. All rules will be enforced as fairly as possible by track officials & are not open to discussion. Track officials have the FINAL say! There will be NO arguing, fighting, etc. There will be a NO TOLERANCE rule for this year, this goes for on or off the track and will include threats made on social media, text messages, etc. as well. Each track will reserve the right to stop an event, escort offender(s) & belongings off the grounds and disqualify or ban offender(s) for any amount of time they see fit. Participating tracks also reserve the right to end or cancel any race or remainder of races at any time if they so choose.